Who are we ?
The Institute of Vine and Wines Sciences is run by the University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2. The Institute was created by a convention signed in december 2002, in order to gather all the research teams, the teaching facilities, and the skills in technology transfer related to vine and wine. The construction of a new building was acted in the 2002-2006 contract between the french ministry of Research and Higher Education, and the Aquitaine Region. The Institute thus gathers personnel from :
- Bordeaux 1 University (Sciences & Technology)
- Bordeaux 2 Victor Segalen University (Health & Life Sciences)
- Bordeaux 3 Montesquieu University (Humanities)
- Bordeaux 4 Michel de Montaigne University (Law & Economics)
- the French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA)
- National Agricultural Engineering School of Bordeaux (ENITA)
- Bordeaux Business School (BEM)
A new building ( over 10 000 m2) is under construction on the INRA campus of Villenave d’Ornon (5 kms from Bordeaux Center) in order to host the research teams and 300 students. It will be completed and functional in fall 2008.
This program was funded by the Regional Council of Aquitaine (more than 60 %), and also by the European Union (FEDER funds), the French Governement, the General Council of Gironde, the urban community of Bordeaux (CUB), the National Institute for Agronomical Research (INRA), and the Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux.
See also the links to the Research and Higher Education Universities and Schools involved in ISVV :
11 April 2007
13 October 2008
Conseil Régional d'Aquitaine - Carole Doucet: 05.56.56.19.79